For those of you who like to eat nigiri or sushi rolls, of course you like the name sushi rice. For that, you must have the best sushi rice brands to make it tastier and better quality. So, then you can taste your favorite dish as you expected. So, you have to know which sushi rice is the best, if not then this dish will be far from being expected, because there are so many types of sushi rice in the market.
The sushi rice we are talking about has the characteristics of being short, dense and sticky when cooked, and it has a soft texture. So, you have to know exactly what rice you need to have to be able to form soft rice blocks. Well, here we have collected 10 types of the best sushi rice brands that you must have to make sushi rice that is sweet and sticky and soft.
One of the best brands is Lundberg Family Farms Organic Sushi Rice. This is a Japanese short grain that is grown in America, when it comes to taste and texture, it is the best choice, besides that it is also halal and vegan.
If you pay attention to budget, the best choice falls on the Nishiki Medium Grain Rice brand of sushi rice. It is very popular in the market because it smells good, tastes good, is sticky, and of course makes it easy for you to form your best favorite sushi rice.
Best Sushi Rice Brands for Creating Sticky Sushi Rice
1. Lundberg Family Farms Organic Sushi Rice
Products with the Lundberg Family Farms Organic Sushi Rice brand, specifically produced for the manufacture of sushi rice, here are some of its advantages.
- This is Japanese short rice, which is specially cultivated to make sushi rice
- Organic and USDA certified as organic rice, it is the best choice for health.
- This product is also halal, free of sugar and vegan.
- Each sushi rice pack is non-GMO and high quality.
Lundberg Family Farms is a special rice product for making sushi rice with a sweet and sticky taste. It is also GMO free and certified as an organic product which is great for health. Each packet contains 16 ounces of rice. These are low-calorie and fiber-rich foods that are great for digestive health. This is rice that is specially grown in America using Japanese short-rice.
Among other advantages is that it is gluten free so there is no obstacle for those on a gluten free diet. This is a halal and vegan and non-GMO product which is a favorite organic food.
- Comes with six packages
- This is organic rice and it is made in California
- low in sodium, cholesterol and low in fat
- This rice is sometimes past its expiration date
- To prevent insects, this product must be repacked
2. Nishiki Medium Grain Rice
Nishiki Medium Grain Rice is another brand on the list of best sushi rice brands. Here are some excellent features that you should know
- Packed in a 5 pound bag
- This rice is grown and grown in fertile soils and near clear waters in California, America.
- It has an excellent balanced and sticky flavor, which is one of the very best in sushi making.
- It is provided by famous sushi rice brands that have become people’s favorite.
Are you looking for the best sushi rice produced in America? If so, then the Nishiki Medium-Grain Rice brand is the best with the various advantages that have been mentioned. It is rice that is neither short nor long, medium in shape and suitable for Japanese sushi making. Authentic taste and texture, just like Japanese Sushi.
Nishiki Medium-Grain Rice should be stored in an airtight container for long life. This will also ensure you that the rice is not eaten by insects or other animals. Then store in an airtight container.
- The pouch weighs 5 pounds, and this makes a lot of sense
- Easy to set up
- Low sodium, low fat, and low cholesterol
- Offers three grams of iron
- Comes with medium grain
- Must be stored in an airtight container to ensure that insects do not enter
3. Kokuho Rice Sushi
Kokuho Rice Sushi is also one of the best sushi rice brands on the market which is great for making sticky and sweet sushi. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of rice under the “Kokuho Rice Sushi” brand.
- The rice is of the best quality and refreshing
- It’s easy to make sushi and only takes about 15 minutes
- It can be purchased at 5 lbs., Or as a package of 3 large pockets.
- This rice is known for its plumpness and excellence in preparation, it is also known for its stickiness.
This Kokuho rice can be purchased in two different packages. It can be purchased with a 5-pound pack or a five-pack package, where each pack weighs 1 pound, meaning 5 packs = 5 pounds. This rice is grown in California and the shape of the rice is medium and soft so it is suitable for your sushi making. Buying this product is guaranteed you will get high quality products and from the latest plants.
Another advantage of Kokuho rice is that it is easy to prepare, it only takes 15 minutes for you to prepare your sushi. Even though the rice is not small in size, it is very sticky and easy to make your favorite sushi.
- This is useful for sweet and tender dishes
- The best ingredient for making sticky rice
- Easy to prepare, whether on the stove or on the rice cooker.
- The rice is not small rice
- Not vegetarian
4. PowerMedley Nishiki Premium Medium Grain Rice
Some of the highlighted features of this rice are:
- Available in one package with two packages of rice inside and two high quality chopsticks.
- It is grown in California as a special rice for the manufacture of sushi with medium-sized rice.
- This is a non-GMO product, which is great for your peace of mind because of its organic quality.
- Provided by a provider of one of the world’s leading sushi rice brands.
Are you looking for rice for sushi making complete with cool chopsticks? So, PowerMedley Nishiki is your choice. This is organic rice that is medium in size but still very suitable for making sushi, indeed PowerMedley Nishiki rice is specially prepared for your favorite sushi needs.
Nishiki PowerMedley Rice is a non-GMO, organic product provided by a well-known sushi rice provider. This means that it is not a low-end product but a high-quality product.
- Available in one package or one bag weighing 5 pounds
- Made in America
- This sushi rice is medium in shape and has a high level of stickiness.
- equipped with a set of hexagon chopsticks
- The packaging is not suitable for long storage, you should transfer it to an airtight container to prevent pests and insects.
- Medium-sized rice is not as small as many people expect
5. Sekka Extra Fancy Premium Grain Rice
Some of the features that are highlighted are:
- This is premium sushi rice served in a durable plastic bag and has a handle for easy carrying.
- Available in a bag containing 15 pounds of sushi rice which is ready to be processed into a variety of Asian foods including sushi.
- It is manufactured in America and consists only of sushi rice which is soft and free of additives
- The aroma is authentic like the smell of Japanese sushi rice.
Sekka Extra Fancy Premium Grain Rice is one of the best sushi rice brands provided in America. Available in large packages containing 15 pounds of rice. This rice consists of rice with medium size not small size. But it has good sticky properties and makes it easy for those of you who want to make sushi.
- Available in a large 15 pound bag
- Made in America
- Rice is low in fat, low in cholesterol and low in sodium
- Contains iron and protein
- Medium size rice, not small rice
- For long-term storage, it should be moved to an airtight container so that it is kept fresh and free from reach of insects and ticks.
6. Tamanishiki Super Premium Short Grain Rice
The next up is Tamanishiki Super Premium Short Grain Rice, this is another sushi rice that has a good reputation. Some of the features that are highlighted are:
- Approximate rice grown in California and available in one, two or four packs of 4.4 pound contents
- Natural sushi rice which is rich in protein and has a low amount of fat, low cholesterol and low sodium.
- Rice is well known and supplied to upscale restaurants in Japan.
Tamanishiki Super Premium Short Grain Rice is the right choice for those of you who have a restaurant business in the sushi field. This is rice to serve high quality sushi and has been used for many years in well-known restaurants in Japan. This rice features short, sticky seeds and is perfect for joining meat, vegetables or fish in one sushi package.
In addition, you can buy it in various forms because it is available in many variations. There are one packs, two packs or four packs weighing 4.4 pounds. This sushi rice has another advantage, which is very famous, so you can easily market your sushi using this rice.
- Short-grain rice commonly used in upscale Japanese restaurants.
- Has many variants such as one package, two packages or four packages
- Natural rice from California
- Rice is not certified organic and is not GMO free
- When storing it must be moved to an airtight container so that the rice can last a long time.
7. RiceSelect Sushi Rice
There is also the best cooked rice that is marketed under the name RiceSelect Sushi Rice. Check out some of its superior features below:
- RiceSelect Sushi Rice offers rice that is sticky and suitable for rice pudding and sushi
- Packaged using BPA free jars, recyclable and safe for the environment
- Gluten free, halal, noon-GMO certified.
- Low salt, no preservatives, free of fat and cholesterol
- Packed in an airtight jar and can be stored long term
- Contains no unnecessary additives
- Contains protein and low in calories
- Only 20 minutes to prepare
- The jar is small, maybe not enough for some people
- Sometimes it is not made properly because it depends on the cooking method
8. Annie Chun’s Cooked White Sticky Sushi Rice
There are also other sushi rice that you can buy at the Amazon online shop. Rice with the Annie Chun brand’s Cooked White Sticky Sushi Rice has several advantages, including:
- New rice, served in the form of white sticky rice and only takes two minutes to serve
- Packed individually in container, small and safe for microwave
- It is suitable for those who are busy with work, such as professional workers, students, mountain climbers, and all those who want fast food.
- Contains no preservatives, additives and free of artificial flavors
- The bowl is individual and is safe to serve
- Fresh white rice, can be prepared in just two minutes
- Free of preservatives and additives
- Each package consists of 6 dishes
- High in calories and carbohydrates
- Good for individuals, not great for groups or families
Before buying the best sushi rice, consider this
In general, a lot of long-grain rice is used, this rice is usually used in salads, side dishes, pilaf and others. However, you are now eating authentic rice, so it is not suitable if you use rice like this. Sushi rice is actually short in shape with a very high level of stickiness even when you put it on the stove in a rice cooker.
Amylopectin is the essence of short-grain rice, which is why this rice is very sticky. This substance when cooked turns into gelatin. This makes sushi rice very soft, and more tender than regular types of rice. Besides being sticky, this short glutinous rice also contains a little flour.
If you have never cooked sushi, no problem, because this type of rice is also used in a variety of other dishes. Maybe you have eaten gimbab, onigiri and bibimbap. Well, in this dish there may be a little taste like sushi rice.