Bibliography Example – For you students, of course, a bibliography is a vocabulary that is often heard and even becomes something very important and should not be ignored. Even in every scientific writing such as writing papers, thesis writing and even making other scientific works, bibliography is always very important and even obligatory so that it is considered a quality writing.
In this article, we try to help explain the meaning of a bibliography, the definition of a bibliography and even how to make it a good and correct one as wel with Bibliography example. For those of you who have questions about all things related to the bibliography, hopefully this short article can at least answer your problem. Immediately, we see the explanation.
What is Bibliography
Before we look further about Bibliography example, we first know what a bibliography is, making it easier for us to explore all things related to bibliography.
Bibliography is writing that is at the end of an article that contains sources, references to the content of scientific papers. So, this bibliography contains the names of books, authors, years and printing, so that readers can easily find scientific works if there are sources that want to be explored further. In addition, a scientific work that is complete with references and sources is considered a good and quality scientific work because it is not the only work created by the author.
The way of writing the bibliography is usually in alphabetical order from top to bottom. Bibliography contains the name of the author, the year of the publisher, the title of the article, the identity of the publisher and the location of the publisher of the book or work.
Every student who is writing a scientific paper such as writing a paper, thesis or proposal is asked to include a bibliography so that the existence of a bibliography is something that is undoubtedly something for students who are struggling with the field of writing scientific papers.
Also read: 11 Online Business Without Capita
When Should Bibliography be included
We need to include a bibliography when there are sentences, words, or paragraphs that we quote from the work of others. This means that the writing we make is based on sources from other authors and it is not our own work. This is important to show our credibility as a writer and everything we say in a written work has a source alias not carelessly.
Another function of this bibliography is as ethics and rules in writing and more importantly that our writing or work cannot be contested by other people because what we write is based on the source, not from us. If they want to blame, of course they have to blame the first author, not us because we are only quoting someone else’s opinion.
Why Bibliography is Very Important in Scientific Work
The role of the bibliography is important because the bibliography contains several important functions, including the following:
- Make your written work valid because it is written according to your expertise and based on existing sources and references
- Can provide accountability scientifically and as an appreciation of the author of the ideas and ideas of others in his writing.
- To avoid being accused of being a palgiator of other people’s writings
- As the main requirement in writing scientific papers, because it has become the rules and regulations that a scientific paper must have a reference or bibliography list.
Bibliography Writing Principles
The writing of the bibliography list has rules and is not just written. There are basic principles in writing a bibliography that must be understood if a bibliography is correct. Here are some principles in writing a bibliography.
- The writing of the author’s name must be in reverse between the first and last words and must be separated by a comma, and the first name should only be written with the first letter. However, if the author’s name consists of three or more words, it is sufficient to write the last name first and follow it with the abbreviation from the first name to the last.
- Writing the author’s name does not need to write down the title, whether the title is obtained academically, religion or heredity.
- If the author of the paper is more than one person, then separate the names of the two with a comma
- To write a book title, the writing is in italic or italic print, meanwhile for writing the article title, you don’t need to write it in italics.
- Book titles are written in capital letters except for the word assignment
- The title of the article is written in capital in the first letter of the word, while conjunctions are written in lowercase.
- Bibliography must be written in accordance with the alphabet
- The distance between the spaces of each line is the same as the line spacing in thesis writing, namely 1.5 or 2.
- For the reference connection, you can write it down a bit into about 5 to 7 beats, and the space above is 1.
- It is enough to write the author’s name with a line if we are quoting or referring to a reference from the same person.
Bibliography Writing Tips
What are the tips for writing a bibliography to make it easier for students to write? Of course, every thing has a tip, here we look at some tips for writing a bibliography to make it easier to write.
The first thing you have to pay attention to is grouping references based on their categories, you can start by grouping references from books, references from magazines, newspapers, online journals, and others. This is useful if you are more enthusiastic and focused on the bibliography because each category has a slightly different way of writing.
After grouping all references and sources, now what you have to do to make it easier to create a bibliography is to sort them alphabetically by category.
Finally, tips for writing a bibliography are to follow all the paths and arrangements that have been determined.
General Things to Pay Attention to When Writing Bibliography
The general thing that needs your attention in writing a bibliography is almost the same as the principles that have been described above. It’s just that these general things are more detailed in their explanation.
- Writing a bibliography must start from the order of the author’s name, the year the book was published, title, location, and then the publisher’s name.
- Each section must be separated by a period, “.”
Publisher location and publisher name must be separated by a colon “:”
- The author’s name is not included with the title name or the title of the descendant, so just the name.
- The title of the paper must be written in italic font. However, if it comes from an article, the article title is written as usual, regardless of the language. Then, if the title of the article is in a foreign language, it must be written in italics.
- Furthermore, source and reference categories affect the procedure for writing a bibliography.
How to Write a Bibliography
Bibliography writing certainly has many sources based on categories as we have explained above. So, the bibliography writing system is also different if it is based on the source or reference category, so on this occasion we will see how the explanation of writing a bibliography is good and correct based on the source.
1. How to write a bibliography from book sources
The following is the arrangement of writing a bibliography from book sources:
- Author’s name: Writing the author’s name must start with the last name and separated by a comma (,), but if the author’s name is more than three words then start with the last name and continue with the first and second names. The last name and first name are separated by a comma (,).
- Year of publication: The year of publication of the paper must be written in numbers, not in writing.
- Book Title: Book Judl must be written according to or exactly like the original title of the book and use capital letters in every word except for conjunctions which are written in lowercase, and use italic or italic fonts.
- Publisher: When writing a publisher city, don’t forget to use a colon (:) between the city of publisher and the publisher of the book that is the source.
2. How to write a bibliography of newspaper/magazine sources
Here’s how to write a bibliography from magazines or from newspapers.
The name of the author of the article: Writing the name of the author of the article sourced from the newspaper is the same as writing the name of the author of a book, namely by putting the last name first and using a comma afterwards, then continuing with the first name. However, if the name of the author of the article is more than two words, then the last name should take precedence, then the first name will be followed by the second name. The last name and first name are separated by a comma (,).
Writing article titles: The article titles of newspapers or magazines are written in normal size letters and each word is written in capital letters except for conjunctions.
Writing the name of a newspaper or magazine: In writing the name of the magazine or newspaper as a reference in the bibliography is to use capital letters at the beginning of the word
Writing pages: If the source or reference of our written work is from a magazine or newspaper, then do not use the location of the publisher, and do not list the publisher. Maybe this is the difference between bibliographies from books and those from magazines/newspapers.
3. Writing bibliography from journals, reports and papers
Journals, reports and papers are usually divided into print out and online or digital. Below we consider the procedures for writing a bibliography from journal sources.
Author name: The procedure is the same as for the name of the author of books and magazine articles
Publisher year: The way of writing the journal publisher year must use numbers instead of sentences
Don’t forget to include things about the volume or edition of the journal
If you use online media, provide a url link to access the journal that is used as a reference because it comes from an online or digital journal.
Include the journal’s access date
4. How to write bibliography which comes from a thesis, thesis or dissertation.
If your reference source is a thesis and thesis or dissertation, then the format of writing a bibliography is still the same as using a book, here is the format for making a bibliography:
Name of author of scientific work
Title of scientific work such as thesis, thesis, or dissertation and should be written in quotation marks (“”)
Include the name of the faculty
Include the name of the university
City location of the university
5. How to write bibliography from online media (Website, online media)
Websites and online media can still be used as references for writing our scientific papers, it’s just that before writing a bibliography from online sources as mentioned, you must ensure that the online media is valid and the official website and its contents can be held accountable.
The following is the format for writing a bibliography sourced from online media:
Name of article author,
Year of writing,
Don’t forget to include the date and time you accessed the online article
After we know an explanation of the bibliography writing method, here we will look at examples of bibliographies. Hopefully it provides clarity about the bibliography.
1. Bibliography Example are sourced from books
– If the author’s name consists of two words
Last Name, (comma) First Name (first capital letter). (Period) Year of publication. (Period) Title of book (in italics). (Dot) City of publication: (colon) Publisher. Here we see an example:
Author name: Muhammad Amin
Amin, M. 2015.
Psychopathology. Yogyakarta: Forum
Author name: Tulus Mandraguna
Mandraguna, T. 2015. Statistics in Psychology and Educational Research. Bandung: UMM Press
– If the author’s name is more than two words
Last Name, (comma) First Name (space) Middle Name. (Period) Book Title (written or italicized). (Dot) City of publication: (colon) Name of Publisher. Here we see an example of writing.
Author name: Dwi Sunar Praduga
Presumption, DS. 2012. Complete Graphology Surgery. Yogyakarta: Diva Press
Author name: Muhammad Fauzil Mubarak
Mubarak, MF. 2013. A Handful of Wisdom Stories. Yogyakarta: Pro-U Media
– If the author’s name is more than one person
The writing procedure is: Author’s Last Name 1, (comma) Author’s First Name 1, (comma) Author’s Name 2. (dot) Year of publication. (Dot) Book Title (italicized). (Dot) City of publication: (colon ) Issuer Name
Author’s Last Name, (comma) Author’s First Name, (comma) et al. (Dot) Year of publication. (Period) Title of Book (in italics). (Dot) City of publication: (colon) Name of Publisher
Examples of bibliography from more than one publisher:
Author names: Moeljono Notosoedirdjo and Latipun
Notosoedirdjo, M, Latipun. 2014. Mental Health. Malang: UMM Press
2. Bibliography sourced from translated books
Migley F. 2005. Social Development. Tindilinting P, translator. Jakarta (ID): Gramedia. Translation from: Social Development.
3. If the bibliography comes from a book without the author’s name.
Anonymous writing is only allowed to be written in the bibliography if there really is no name of the institution or name of the agency that published the book.
4. Example of bibliography without author’s name
[Depdiknas] Ministry of National Education. 2008. Big Indonesian Dictionary. Jakarta (ID): Balai Pustaka
[Anonymous]. 1937. The True Soldier. Jakarta (ID): Balai Pustaka
5. Writing bibliography from journals, magazines, and reports
The writing procedure is: Author’s name (period) Year. (Period) Post Title (italicized). (Dot) Volume (no) 🙁 colon) Page
Kalidjernih FK. 2011. Some notes on the relationship between language use and moral character: a case of linguistic corruption in Indonesian. Indonesian Linguistics. 29 (2): 167-184
If the source of a scientific work is a paper, then the format for writing a bibliography is as follows:
Author Name. (Period) Year of Seminar. (Period) Title of paper. (Point) Paper. (Period) In: (colon) Name of seminar and location, (comma) date, (comma) and month
Khalis Umil. 2007. Women’s participation in development. Papers. In: Gender Mainstreaming Seminar at FEMA IPB, 18 September.