Are you a Twitter user and looking for how to delete twitter account? Ok, Using Twitter is sometimes a means of sharing, a means to get information, or as an entertainment venue. However, for some users, Twitter is actually a waste of time. As a student, using Twitter continuously without regard to study time can be a negative impact. For that, sometimes you want to deactivate your Twitter account permanently so that you are no longer trapped with cyberspace.
How to Delete Your Twitter Account Permanently
Ok, if that’s what you want, you are in the right place because we will teach you how to permanently disable Twitter accounts. Whatever your reason, if you want to delete your Twitter account, read on this short article.
If you use a desktop, here’s how to delete a Twitter account.
Also read: How to Delete Instagram Comments
How to delete Twitter on desktop
- Open the browser, go to your twitter via the twitter.com website
- Then, click on Settings > Privacy located on the menu under your profile.
- The next step, Account Section, click Deactivate your account.
- Click Deactivate
- You will be asked to enter a password, this is to prove that you are the official account owner. After entering the password, then click Deactivate Account
How to delete Twitter Account on iOS
If you use an iPhone or another iOS device, follow how to delete the twitter account via the following iOS device.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top of the screen
- then select Settings and Privacy, then tap Account
- Click or tap Deactivate your Account
- You will be asked to enter the password again,
- Tap Deactivate and continue by tapping “Yes, deactivate”.
- How to Delete Twitter Account on Android
- Click the profile icon, you can also click on the hamburger menu (this depends on what application you are using), which is located at the top of the Android screen,
- Then enter the Settings menu and privacy menu, Tap on the account
- Tap on Deactivate Your Account
- Tap on Deactivate
- Enter your password again and tap deactivate, then click “Yes, Deactivate”.
Those are the ways on how to delete twitter account from each device that you use.
How to Delete Twitter Permanently
When you deactivate your Twitter account, your account does not and permanently deleted. Twitter gives you 30 days of time called free time. This is intended if one day you discourage you from deleting your account, you can still activate it.
However, if the free period of 30 days passes and you do not activate the account, Twitter will clean your data in their system. If this has happened, then your twitter account has been permanently lost and you can no longer activate it unless you create a new account.
So, before deleting your Twitter account, you need to take careful consideration. If you want to replace email, you don’t need to delete your account. Likewise, if you want to replace the username. You can do all these changes in the Account Settings menu.
If the account has been permanently deactivated, Twitter also tells you that your data could still be on the internet like Google and others. Regarding third-party websites, Twitter cannot interfere because this is the authority of the website owner. For example, Google, your data may still be in their cache, in this case, twitter cannot control it.