How to get rid of hair lice or head lice is important to know, considering that so many people are infected with this tiny parasite. Head lice are very easy to develop because they lay eggs very quickly, usually they lay their eggs on the hair shaft close to the scalp.
Among the causes of head lice is direct contact between the heads, using other items such as clothes, hats, towels, cloth and others. After the tick has moved to a new host, it will quickly lay eggs and in a short time will have a lot of appearances on its head. If someone is infected with head lice parasites, what usually happens is an itching sensation on the scalp, itching in the neck and in the ears as a result of lice saliva which can cause allergies.
If the dictionary is infected with head lice, then there are things you should do to get rid of head lice. Here we have summarized about 7 natural ways and tips to get rid of those annoying lice.
How to Get Rid of Hair Lice
1. Use vinegar
One way to get rid of head lice is with vinegar, the acidic nature of it is very good at removing lice, but use it carefully because the acidity can sometimes cause irritation on the scalp. To be safer you should mix vinegar with a little water, this will reduce the acidity of the vinegar and be safer for the scalp.
The following ingredients are needed to make a potion:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of vinegar
How to make:
- The two fluids are mixed until evenly distributed
- Apply it on the scalp before going to bed at night
- Use a head covering and sleep well.
- Tomorrow morning, wash your head with shampoo as usual.
2. Olive oil
It turns out that using olive oil can also repel head lice, here’s how:
- Before using olive oil, wash the hair and dry it
- Apply olive oil on the scalp and gently massage your scalp
- Put on a head covering and sleep while waiting for the olive oil to work until tomorrow morning
- After waking up, wash your hair with shampoo as usual.
Mayonnaise is usually added to food as a sauce. It turns out that Mayonnaise can also be used as a natural herb to eradicate head lice. Here’s how;
- Mayonnaise is prepared as needed
- Apply mayonnaise on the scalp and massage evenly
- Next, cover your hair using a shower cup
- Let stand for 5-6 hours
- Shampoo your hair until it is clean, after drying comb the hair
- Use a lice comb so that the lice are completely clean and removed from your scalp.
4. Using lemon
Furthermore, how to get rid of head lice with natural ingredients is to use lemon. Just like vinegar, it tastes sour so it is good for getting rid of head lice.
- Squeeze the water from the lemon
- 100 ml of water
- Mix lemon juice with water evenly
- Then the liquid is applied to the scalp and massage gently on the scalp for 5 minutes to 10 minutes
- Leave it for 40 minutes
- Shampoo your hair as usual using shampoo
5. Using garlic
Garlic is an important spice in cooking in the kitchen, but who knows the benefits of garlic are big enough to even get rid of head lice naturally. Here’s how to get rid of hair lice using garlic.
- Minced until smooth 10 cloves of garlic, can use a blender
- Mix with 3 tablespoons of lime
- Apply on the scalp until evenly distributed
- Use a shower cup to cover your hair
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Shampoo your hair until it is clean
6. Using coconut oil
Coconut oil is used as cooking oil in the kitchen in addition to frying fish, coconut oil is also good for getting rid of lice in the hair naturally. The reason is, coconut oil is rich in saturated fat and vitamin E which is good for killing lice and nourishing the scalp.
Also read: How to Get Rid of Black Spots on the Face
Here’s how to get rid of hair lice using coconut oil
- Warm up two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Then, apply the coconut oil on the scalp.
- Gently massage for 15 minutes
- Use a hair cover or shower cup and sleep, let it sit until the next morning
- Tomorrow morning, shampoo as usual. and See your hair feeling light and lice-free.
Alcohol is also a traditional medicine to get rid of head lice naturally. The 70% alcohol content is useful for removing head lice eggs. Alcohol contains a compound called isoprophil, it can kill fleas and their eggs as well.
However, if your scalp is injured, you are prohibited from using alcohol because it can irritate the coconut skin. Here’s how to use alcohol to get rid of head lice.
- Apply alcohol on the palms of the hands and apply to hair and massage gently
- Let stand for about 30 minutes
- Comb your hair with a lice comb, watching the lice and eggs fall
- If you are clean of lice, wash with cold water until clean.
Those are 7 premium ways to get rid of hair lice effectively using natural ingredients. From alcohol to the use of coconut oil. Hopefully these tips provide benefits and can be put into practice. See you later!
More to see: Health Benefits of Shampoo Ginger
Beside use the above Ingredients, You also can Treat the hair lice by some of these methods.
Other Ways on How to Get Rid of Hair Lice
How to get rid of hair lice?
Itching and irritation in the scalp are the most common symptoms of head lice. However, not all itching is caused by head lice. If you suspect that you have head lice, consult your doctor or school nurse to be sure.
There are several ways to get rid of head lice:
1. Wet combing:
Wet combing is an effective way to remove head lice and eggs (nits) from the hair. To wet comb, you will need a wide-toothed nit comb, a bowl of water and some conditioner.
Wet your hair with water and apply conditioner. This will help to loosen the head lice and eggs from the hair.
Divide your hair into small sections and comb through each section with the nit comb. Dip the nit comb in the bowl of water after each stroke to remove the head lice and eggs.
You may need to wet comb your hair every day for a week or more to remove all the head lice and eggs.
2. Pesticide treatments:
There are several over-the-counter pesticides that can be used to treat head lice. These products are available as lotions, creams, gels or sprays.
Follow the instructions on the product label carefully. Some products are for single use only, while others can be used again after 7 to 10 days.
- Do not use more than one head lice product at the same time.
- Do not use head lice products on children under the age of 2 years.
- Do not use head lice products on infants.
3. Natural remedies:
There are several natural remedies that can be used to treat head lice. These remedies include using olive oil, coconut oil, mayonnaise or crushed garlic cloves.
Apply the natural remedy to your hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave on for 30 minutes to 1 hour then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
You may need to repeat the treatment every few days until all the head lice and eggs are gone.
4. Keep your head clean and free of head lice:
Wash your clothes, bedding and towels in hot water (60°C) to kill any head lice that may be present.
Dry your clothes, bedding and towels in a hot dryer (60°C) for at least 30 minutes.
Vacuum your floors and furniture to remove any head lice that may be present.