Have you ever sweet taste in mouth, what is it and what are causes of sweet taste in mouth? Having an unpleasant taste like a sweet or bitter taste in your mouth for no reason is annoying. This is not something that can be underestimated because maybe this small thing can be a signal to a more serious health problem.
So, experiencing the taste of something that is not in the mouth is caused by many reasons, but it could be due to a serious problem with your body. We feel something like tasting food in different ways is subjective. However, when you feel there is a change in the way you perceive taste, it is sometimes something that affects some of our health.
What we feel sometimes is not the actual smell but our sense of taste undergoes a change in the way we perceive smells. This altered sense of taste is called dysgeusia. This problem is characterized by food that is not tasted when we eat, or vice versa, it can also be marked by the emergence of various tastes: such as bitter, sweet, sour that stays in our mouths. We know this as a bad taste in the mouth which is an indication of our health condition.
If we lose our taste or feel something is not according to its taste, then we must be careful because it is possible that our health is in trouble.
For example, during the pandemic some time ago, people affected by COVID-19 would lose their sense of taste and smell. Likewise with other things that are also related to the sense of taste. So, some of the possible causes of bad taste in the mouth are as we mentioned in the article: Bad Taste in Mouth, Causes, and Treatment.
Have You Ever Sweet Taste In Mouth
Here our discussion is more about sweet taste in mouth. Why sometimes our mouths taste sweet and this happens continuously, not because we have eaten watermelon or eaten sugar but without any external reason, our mouths suddenly taste sweet.
What Causes of Sweet Taste in Mouth?
This includes unusual symptoms and until now doctors are still conducting research on the symptoms and causes of sweet taste in the mouth. However, there are several things that are considered to be the causes of sweet taste in mouth, such as:
1. Metabolic problems. These include diabetes, thyroid disorders and ketosis. If someone has a metabolic disorder, there will be a disturbance in the body’s ability to feel so that sometimes it causes a sweet taste in the mouth like the taste of sweet food in general, even though you are not eating.
2. Neurological problems. Among the neurological problems are stroke, seizures, epilepsy. So the onset of a sweet taste in the mouth may be an early symptom of health problems associated with neurology.
3. Viruses that attack part of the sense of taste. If there is a virus that attacks the part of the body that is responsible for feeling, then what happens is a decrease in the body’s ability to feel.
4. Infections of the sinuses, throat, nose. This is another cause of a sweet taste in the mouth. Bacteria such as Pseudomonas are among those that can cause a sweet taste in your mouth.
5. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Stomach acid returns to the throat and rises to the mouth, then a sweet taste appears in your mouth.
6. Small cell carcinoma in the lung. A sweet taste that appears in the mouth is an early symptom of small cell in carcinoma. So, to ensure every possible problem, we recommend checking with a health professional.
7. Pregnancy. The pregnancy is another causes of sweet taste in mouth, but also can appear the bitter or sours taste too. During pregnancy, especially at the beginning of pregnancy, many women experience a strange taste in the mouth including a sweet taste, and some sometimes feel a metallic taste.
Pregnancy can cause disturbances in the body’s sensory system so that sometimes it makes the sense of taste more sensitive as well as the sense of smell. So, pregnancy problems are one of the causes of prolonged sweetness in your mouth.
How to Prevent a Sweet Taste in the Mouth?
If you have never felt a sweet taste in your mouth like this, but this time you have felt it, then usually this will not take long and will heal by itself. Try to multiply healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables and avoid or reduce eating sweet foods, both processed foods or sweet fruits.
Others interest post:
- Drinking Lots of Water But Not Urinating Much
- Why Do I Feel Nauseous When I Have To Poop
- 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Mango, Good for Skin
However, if the sweet taste in your mouth is caused by certain medical conditions, then take proper care of a professional doctor. Listen to your doctor’s advice, and if you still experience a strange taste in your mouth even after taking the recommended medication, then call back immediately so that you will be checked again carefully.