How to perform Salat Zuhr – Zuhr prayer is one of the obligatory prayers that are included in the maktubah prayer five times a day and night. The time for the Zuhr prayer is when the sun slips or the sun’s shadow is tilted towards the east. It’s around 12.30 Southeast Asia time. But this time can change according to the shift of the sun.
Just like Salat al Asr, the Zuhr prayer is done for 4 rakats. Actually, the Zuhr prayer is the same as any other prayer, only it differs in its intention.
How to Perform Salat Zuhr or al Zuhr Prayer
1. Standing straight facing the Qibla, raising both hands for Takbiratul Ihram (takbir in which there is an intention to pray) by saying “Allahuakbar”, the intention in the heart “I intentionally pray 4 rakat zuhr fard for Allah”.
2. Read the Du’a iftitah which reads “wajjahtu wajhiyalillazi fatharassamawati wal ardha hanifam-musliman wa ma ana minal musyrikin. Inna prayer wanusuki wa mahyaya wa mamati lillahi rabbil ‘Alamin. Laa syarikala Hu wabizaliana umirtu”. Then it was continued by reading the letter of Al Fatihah which started by reading Taawwuz (A’uzubillahiminasy syaithanirrajiim), and continued by reading Basmallah (one of the verses from al-Fatihah).
If you have finished reading al Fatihah, now it is sunnat to read one portion of the surah.
3. Then Ruku’ by saying “Allahuakbar”, read 3 times “Subhanarabbiyal ‘Adhiimi wa bihamdih“.
4. I’tidal. This is getting up from bowing to a standing position by saying Sami’allahuliman hamidah, but when i’tidal the hands are extended down (not under the chest). Then read Du’a “Rabbana Lakalhamdu…”
5. Prostrate. Descend from I’tidal to prostrate by attaching the forehead to the mushalla (place of Salah). During prostration, pay attention to the 7 limbs attached to the prayer mat (place of Salah). These are the forehead, the two palms, the belly of the fingers of the two feet, and the two knees. Then recite “Subhana rabbiyal A’la wa bihamdihi“. Read this tasbih 3 times
6. Sit between the two prostrations. When sitting after getting up from prostration you recite “Rabbighfirli Warhamni Wajburni Warfa’ni Warzuqni Wahdini Wa’afini Wa’fu’anni”.
7. Prostrate again as in point 5. Read the tasbih 3 times “Subhana rabbiyal A’la wa bihamdih”.
8. Get up from prostration to go to the second Rakat (to a straight standing position)
The second rak’at is repetition as was done in the first rakat.
1. When standing straight we read the surah al-Fatihah by starting with reading ta’awwuz “a’uzubillahiminasy syaithanirrajim” (sunnat), and continued by reading Basamallah (one of the verses of al-Fatihah), and continued by reading the verse second from Fatihah to the completion of 7 verses.
Then it is sunnat to read a portion of a surah like al ikhlas etc or several verses of the Quran.
2. Ruku’. At the time of bowing we recite “subhanarabbiyal ‘adhimi wa bihamdih“. read 3X.
3. I’tidal. During i’tidal we recite the du’a as before in first rakat. This is “Rabbana Lakalhamdu…” or better read until the end, namely “Rabbana lakalhamdu milussamawati wamil ul ardhi wa mil-u masyi’ta minsyain ba’du“.
4. Prostrate. At the time of prostration we recite the prayer beads “subaharabbiyal a’la wabihamdih” 3 times.
5. Sit between the two prostrations. While sitting down we recite the du’a “Rabbighfirli Warhamni Wajburni Warfa’ni Warzuqni Wahdini Wa’afini Wa’fu’anni“.
6. Prostrate the second time, and recite the same tasbih “Subhanrabbiyal a’la wabihamdih” 3 times.
7. Waking up from the second prostration, we sit the Awwal tasyahud (this is what distinguishes it from the first rakat) and recite the initial tasyahud Dua.
8. Wake up from tasyahud to go to the 3rd rakat, our position is to stand straight as in the previous rakat.
1. Read al-Fatihah as in the previous rakat
It is not sunnat to read one portion of the surah
2. Ruku. and recite the tasbih as in the previous rak’ah
3. I’tidal. you recite du’a i’tidal as in the previous rakats
4. Prostrate. Read “subhanarabbiyal a’la wabihamdih” 3X
5. Sit between the two prostrations and recite the du’a as before.
6. The second prostration and recite the tasbih “Subhanarabbiyal a’la wabihamdih” 3X
7. Get up from the second prostration to move to the 4th rakat, the position of the body standing straight as in the previous rakat.
1. Read al fatihah, don’t forget to read basmallah (one verse from al fatihah)
It is not sunnat to recite one portion of the surah
2. Ruku’ and recite tasbih
3. I’tidal and recite du’a i’tidal
4. The first prostration, and recite the tasbih “subhanarabbiyal a’la wabihamdih” 3 times
5. Sit between the two prostrations, and recite the du’a
6. The second prostration, and read “subhanarabbiyal a’la wabihamdih” 3x
7. Sit the final tasyahud. The final tasyahud sitting procedure is to place your hips on the prayer rug (the place of Salah) and insert your left foot to the right (under the fold of the right foot), the position of the sole of the right foot standing or straight.
When sitting the final tasyahud, we recite the final tahiyyat du’a, this is the du’a:
ATTAHIYYATUL MUBARAKATUSH SHALAWATUTH THAIYYIBA TULILLAH, ASSALAMU A’ALAIKA AYYUHANNABIYYU WARAHMATULLAH WABARAKATUH. ASSALAMU ‘ALAINA WA’ALA ‘IBADILLAHISH-SHALIHIIN, ASY-HADUAN LA ILA HA ILLAH WA ASYHADU AN-NA MUHMMADAR RASULULLAH,
Also read: How to Perform Salat Asr (Asr Prayer)
Then read sholawat to the Prophet SAW.
ALLAHUMMA SHALLI ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMAD
Sunnat reading sholawat to al (the family of the prophet)
Then, recite the Salam to the right and to the left by saying (assalamu’alaikum warahmatullah)
Last: Tartib, the implementation of prayer must be regular, the first comes first and the last one ends the implementation.
That’s the procedure for praying Zuhr, starting from the first rak’ah to the 4th rak’ah.
>>Click here For complete guides about How to Perform Salah (Follow the Guides)