Marigold essential oil is a herb oil taken from the extraction of Marigold plant flowers, the extraction process is through a distillation process. Marigolds have a bright orange color, and it is belong to the sunflower family. In various human cultures, the use of branches, leaves and flowers is believed to be able to restore many health problems.
The leaves are commonly used as an ingredient in tea making and its benefits can restore the digestive health problems of parasitic and microbial akibtas. While marigold plants contain anti-inflammatory properties. So, the health benefits of marigold essential oil are great as a remedy for wounds, athlete’s foot, infections of the skin, treating boils.
Marigolds are also known by several other names, including calendula, little calender, Aztec marigold, mexican marigold, and African marigold.
What is the history of marigold plants? Let’s look at the review. This plant grows in the Central American and South American regions. Furthermore, its spread continued in the 16th century and was introduced in areas of Spain, then widely known in southern Europe.
Below we explain the benefits of marigold essential oils in the world of health, with the hope that it can add to our insight about marigold plants which are the greatest gift of nature.
Also see: Tsuga Essential Oil Health Benefits
Health Benefits of Marigold Essential Oil
The Marigold plant is scientifically known as “Tagetes Minuta” and belongs to the Compositae family. The aroma is sweet, strong, like an orange and like a fruit aroma. The use of morigold essential oil is widely used to treat foot problems and infections.
Below we consider one by one the benefits of morigold oil, hopefully increase our knowledge about natural medicine from nature.
1. Antiparasitic Affect
Marigold oil acts as an anti-parasitic that is useful in removing fleas, lice, bed bugs, from the human body. This medicine is also good for restoring pain due to insect stings or bites.
2. Disinfectant properties
Functioning as a disinfectant, marigolds contain anti-parasitic, anti-microbial and anti-biotic properties. For those who have an infection, you can use marigold oil as a solution. This oil can also prevent airborne diseases such as mumps, pox, measles and common cold.
3. Useful to restore inflammation
The calming properties in marigolds are beneficial for curing inflammation. In addition, it also cures nerve irritation, neurotic, digestive, excretory systems, convulsions, afflictions, depression, panic, stress, anger and hyper reactions.
If you experience any of the health problems as above, then consult with a specialist to use marigold oil. Always follow the best advice from the doctor.
4. Prevent microbe growth
The benefits of marigold essential oil can prevent the growth and development of microbes in the body. This benefit is very useful in combating diseases such as dermatitis, malaria, typhus, skin ailments, septic, curing tetanus, cholera, athlete’s foot, curing food poisoning due to protozoa, bacteria and fungi.
5. Prevent infection
The benefits of marigold oil also prevent infection. The intended infection is an infection due to Staphylococcus aureus. This is a dangerous infection that can even be fatal to the body. Among the symptoms that arise due to this infection are extreme spasms, swelling with redness, convulsions, muscular contractions, immobility of limbs and can cause insanity.
6. Use of marigold as Antibiotic property
Marigold essential oil is also rich in antibiotics. This content can prevent the development of fungi, protozoa and bacteria. So, marigold oil which is rich in antibiotics is very helpful in healing ulcers, sores, gangrene and rot wounds. The efficacy of this oil can also prevent the appearance of maggots in wounds.
7. Relaxant properties
This oil contains relaxing properties that are useful for relieving seizures. In addition to cure seizures, the content of relaxants is also useful for relieving coughs, diarrhea, and cramps.
Traditional Uses of Marigold Oil
- Essential oils that can treat scars, chapped skin, rashes, viral infections, and inflammation, including treating eczema.
- Good for breathing, because it gives decongestion if there is a cold or a cold.
- Topical use is in the bathtub, or by direct inhalation.
- Mix with a few drops of Tagetes oil, this will provide benefits to corms, soften calluses and bunions.
- Adding a few drops of tagetes oil can soothe cold and flu symptoms.
- Adding tagetes essential oil also adds benefits such as curing coughing spasms and can dilate bronchial tubes.
- Marigold essential oil is also useful for treating whooping cough, mumps, colds, treating colic, and can cure skin diseases.
- Marigold oil is not recommended for pregnant women
- Used in accordance with the advice of health experts
- Perform a patch test for use.
Other Facts About Marigold Oil
– Marigold oil is the raw material in making fragrance oils
– Marigold can blend with marjoram oil, lavender, lemon, calendula, bergamot essential oil, grapefruit essential oil, thyme, myrrh, geranium and blend with frankincense oil.
– Used to treat skin infections, weeping wounds, boils, Athlete’s foot and treat calluses.
– This oil is also a raw material in making ointments, care products, cosmetics and in making a lotions.