ongongo tree nuts produce Mongongo oil. This is a plant native to South Africa. In botany, the tree that produces this essential oil is called Schinziophyton rautanenii and belongs to the Euphorbiaceae family. Mongongo oil contains a lot of vitamin E and several other important minerals such as linoleic acid, iron, copper, Omega 6, calcium and magnesium.
One of the benefits of mongongo oil is that it has regenerative, restructuring and hydrating properties. This ability makes the Mongongo plant good for reducing inflammation and repairing body cells. The oil is taken from mpngongo nuts which are processed by extracting using the cold pressing method. It also contains eleostearic acid which has protection from pollutants.
Mongongo essential oil also contains a number of vitamins such as nicotinic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin E and y-tocopherol. It also contains many other nutrients such as copper, iron, magnesium, and zinc, all of the nutrients that have been mentioned are very useful for healthy hair.
Also read: Yarrow Essential Oil Benefits
Traditional Uses of Mongongo Oil
– Mongongo oil is used as an additional ingredient in lotions, and in several care products such as creams, sun care products, massage oils, lip balms, and as an ingredient in body butter product formulations.
– Helps to regenerate skin and moisturize it
– Maintain healthy hair and ensure hair growth
– Mongongo oil prevents hair breakage and retains moisture
– Repair damaged hair
– Prevents hair from the bad effects of environmental pollution
– To protect your hair from sun damage, evenly apply mongongo oil to your hair.
– Mongongo essential oil is good for maintaining softness and shine.
– Allergy sufferers should not use it
– If you have sensitive skin, chances are you are experiencing an allergic reaction
– You can use in moderation
– Before using on a large scale, please test the patch first on a small part of the body.
Mongongo Oil Facts
|Name||Mongongo oil uses and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Mongongo tree||Schinziophyton rautanenii|
|Common names||Manketti oil|
|Common/English Name of Mongongo tree||Mongongo tree, Manketti tree, Mongongo nut, Omunkete|
|Extraction method||Cold pressed|
Also see: Carao Facts and Benefits