Sayur asem recipe – Maybe you are familiar and often enjoy Sayur Asem Aceh or Sayur Asem Sunda. How about tamarind vegetables in Central Java? This is another tamarind vegetable that is very easy to make and the sauce is clearer and more appetizing. It is enough to use the sliced spices so that the sauce produced by this tamarind vegetable is clearer.
For those of you who want to be different in the dishes on the dining table, we offer to cook this Central Java Tamarind vegetable occasionally. It is enough to use only a few types of vegetables such as long beans, young corn, melinjo and Japanese squash, mothers are able to present a typical Central Javanese vegetable tamarind sauce with a clearer sauce. Come on, let’s take a look at the ingredients that we use in the following Central Javanese vegetable tamarind recipe.
Baca juga; Chicken Nuggets Recipe, Crispy and Healthy
Sayur asem from Central Java is indeed almost the same as sayur asem jakarta, sayur asem Sunda or sayur asem Aceh, both of which use tamarind as a spice to make the sour taste appear. The clear tamarind sauce is perfect as a lunch menu. Especially if accompanied by shrimp paste or chili sauce and enjoy it while it’s still hot. This is very appetizing.
– Recipe for Chicken Soto, Kuah Bening
– 27 Typical Aceh Food Tastes Really Good
– Pepes Chicken Recipe, Sundanese Cuisine
Central Java Sayur Asem RecipePrint Recipe
- Four small Japanese squash, each halved
- 6 long beans, cut into pieces
- One sweet young corn, cut into pieces
- Tamarind 1 tsp
- Melinjo as much as 100 grams
- 2 cm galangal, crushed
- One liter of water
- 3 pieces of bay leaves
- One teaspoon of sugar
- Salt is also a teaspoon
Ingredients that sliced:
- 2 green chilies
- 3 red chilies
- 5 pieces of red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
Immediately we see how to cook the following typical Central Javanese tamarind vegetables:
Steps to Make Vegetable Asem
- All vegetables are washed under running water and set aside
- Dissolve tamarind with two tablespoons of hot water, and strain
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and add the sliced spices, galangal, bay leaves, stir evenly and let stand for a while until it cooks a little.
- Enter the melinjo, chayote and cook until half cooked
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook until wilted
- Next, add tamarind water, salt and sugar, stir evenly and taste whether it tastes right or not.
- Remove, and the tamarind vegetable in Central Java is ready to serve.
When the water is boiling, add the ripe vegetables first, then add the fast-ripe vegetables first.