To get Tsuga essential oil, the process is the same as the process of refining most other essential oils. It is extracted through a series of steam distillation processes from conifer twigs and needles. This tree has health benefits related to emotional balance.
This plant has an active chemical compound called bornyl acetate, limonene, beta phellandrene, alpha pinene, beta pinene, 3-carene, myrcene and sobornyl acetate.
This essential oil has a distinctive aroma like wood, fresh and earthy. The tsuga tree has a height of up to 31 meters and the color of the oil is somewhat yellowish even some are colorless. This plant grows with a cone-like top and is most commonly found in Eastern North America.
The Tsuga tree is usually planted in the Ontario, Canada area. In the United States you can find it in parts of Alabama, Minnesota, Indiana, the Appalachian Mountains and Georgia. The tsuga plant is widely used by Native Americans because it has high medicinal value.
The needles from this tree are used to heal wounds, while the branches can be boiled as an herb to treat digestive problems. The tsuga plant is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine and in ancient Chinese medicine.
Of the many medicinal values in it tsuga, the tsuga essential oil is widely used in various treatment of diseases. Below we see some of the health benefits.
Also see: Chaga Mashroom Benefits
Health Benefits of Tsuga Essential Oil
- Tsuga oil is used in the treatment of skin diseases, urinary tract infections, diseases and treatments for the kidneys.
- Useful for breathing and good for cleaning blood
- Tsuga oil is a natural remedy for bronchitis, colds, flu, coughs, anxiety, stress, and as a remedy for muscle pain.
- Useful for treating blackheads and zits
- Treat body aches, minor aches and reduce tension
- Maintain moisture to the skin and prevent premature aging
- Nursing, pregnant women and including those who are undergoing certain medications. So, it is expected to consult with a doctor or professional.
- So, do consult with health professionals before trying to use essential oils Tsuga.
- It is not permitted to be used on mucous membranes such as in the eyes, in the ears, or in wounds and others.
- Do a test on a small area before using more widely.
- Nursing mothers and pregnant women should consult with a doctor first.
Some Facts About Tsuga Essential Oil
– The aroma of tsuga essential oil is very down to earth and refreshing and can be uplifting
– Tsuga oil is used in skin care products to keep skin moist and hydrated.
That is a little information about tsuga oil, its manufacturing process, health benefits and the facts behind the oil. Hopefully we can add our knowledge.