Example of Procedure Text – Every time we want to create or execute something there is always a procedure that must be followed in order for the goal to be achieved. In Indonesian, of course, there is the term procedure text and this is very easy to find on packaged instant noodles or other instant food.
Before we get into the sample procedure text, first we need to know what the procedure text means? The function of the procedure text is to help the reader understand how to do something correctly and appropriately.
The purpose of a procedural text is to make the reader understand and know how to make something. So, the existence of this text is very important so that what is the goal of the reader can be achieved through the text.
Definition of Procedure Text
Procedure text is a text that contains methods and techniques or steps in doing something either in the form of a certain activity or action sequentially. Procedural texts usually consist of imperative sentences or command sentences. Usually also use conjunctions so that what you want to achieve can be realized.
How to recognize procedure text can also be seen from the content of the description of time, place or procedure for doing something until it’s finished.
Procedure Text Rules
In writing a procedural text we also have to understand the rules because they have rules like other texts. The rules for the procedural text include using a temporal conjunction or conjunction, which is a conjunction that states the time of activity.
The material verb is something that refers to a physical action and is also called an active verb. Behavioral verbs are real actions that are performed using phrases.
Here, the linguistic rule of the procedure text is the participant, this is a human being who takes a role in the procedure. In this procedure there is also an imperative verb. While the meaning of the imperative verb is a verb in the form of prohibition or a verb in the form of an order. In the sample procedure text there are many of these verbs.
Now, to be more familiar with procedure text, we can see some examples of procedure text below. In general, procedure text is divided into three types, namely simple procedure text, complex procedure text and protocol procedure text.
Example of Simple Procedure Text
This is an important thing for anyone because this simple procedure text is the basis that must be understood by everyone, not only by students but also by everyone because without this simple procedure text we will not be able to run something.
As we mentioned above, in the discussion of procedure text there are three models of procedure text and one of them is the one we will discuss, namely simple procedure text.
Also see: Understanding Analytical Exposition Text
1. Sample of Procedure Text for operating a Vacuum Cleaner
A vacuum cleaner is a dust cleaning tool that can be used to clean floors from dust, whether used at home, office or in a car. Below is the procedure for how to operate the vacuum cleaner.
- Insert the vacuum cleaner cable first into the wall socket, then press the ON button on the handle of the vacuum cleaner.
- Bring the vacuum cleaner to the floor or other place you want to dust off
- When finished using it, press the OFF button.
2. Example procedure Text for Turning on the computer
Computers are electronic devices that can process data and manipulate data, be able to store files, retrieve them and others. With a computer you can also send e-mails, write e-mails, or browse information on the internet (when the computer is connected to the internet network). Here’s how to turn on the computer.
- Make sure the CPU and monitor have been plugged into the socket to get an electric current
- Press the power button, wait a moment until the screen turns on
- Sipa computers are used for various purposes
- If using it, click the start button in the lower left corner, and click the ShutDown button, the computer will shut down safely.
3. Sample of Procedure Text to Turn on the Flashlight
Flashlight is a means of lighting in the dark of night. When traveling in the middle of a pitch black night a flashlight is essential to light the way. Existence becomes very important when the power goes out. Here we look at an example of a procedural text on how to turn on the flashlight.
Also see: Example of Narrative Text
- Put the battery into place
- Press the power ON button, then the flashlight turns on
- If you have used it, press the power button again in another direction or OFF
4. Example of Motor Washing Procedure Text
Washing a motorbike is important in caring for a motorbike so that it is always clean and not dull. So it is highly recommended to wash your motorbike at least once a month or when your motorbike looks dull and dirty. Here’s how to wash a motorbike
- Spray all parts of the motor with clean water
- Rinse all parts of the motorbike with a sponge soaked in soap
- Rinse the motorbike again with clean water to remove soap and dirt
- Dry the motor using a chamois
5. Sample Procedure Text to turn on the Honda Vario Matic
Honda matic is very practical to use because it does not require tread on the teeth to increase or decrease the speed. We only need to control the brakes in the left and right hands. That is the reason why now automatic motorbikes like the Honda Vario are selling well in the market. Here we see how or the procedure to turn on the automatic motorbike.
- Insert the key into the lock socket on the handlebar chart
- If the motorbike is parked, remove the fork
- Turn on the key and press a little brake either right or left, and
- Press the starter on the right hand side
Example of Complex Procedure Text
Above we have seen an example of a simple procedure text, and we can also understand that a simple procedure text is a text that only needs a short explanation and we can carry out the commands or restrictions. In fact, apart from simple procedures, there are also types of complex procedures.
Complex procedure text is text that explains or provides procedures at length so that goals can be achieved such as how to take care of a credit card, the procedure for making SIM C, or the procedure for creating a bank account and others. Here we see an example.
1. Sample Procedure Text for Making Electronic KTP
KTP or Resident Identity Card is the personal identity of every person that must be owned by every citizen and citizen of Indonesia who is 17 years or older. The purpose of making a KTP is as a self-identifying identity and as a way to limit movement and crime. However, to make a KTP there are a number of procedures that must be fulfilled, along with the procedures and requirements.
- Indonesian Citizen (WNI)
- Age 17 years or older
- Certificate from RT, RW, and Head of Local Village / Lurah.
- Photocopy of Family Card (KK)
- Quote of the birth certificate, and
- Photo 3 × 4.
If all the requirements for making KTP have been fulfilled, then someone only needs to bring them to the camat office or to the local district civil registry. The procedure for making an electronic KTP is as follows:
- First, fill out the form that has been prepared by the village office. At the village office, usually a cover form and letter are available for making an electronic KTP.
- Then go to the place where the e-KTP is made with the existing requirements. To save time, it’s best to have everything ready before coming to the sub-district or civil registry office.
- The next stage, take the queue number at the counter and wait for it to be called by the officer. Remember, don’t forget to bring a certificate from your kelurahan or village office.
- When the queue quota arrives, now the officer starts to make your e-KTP by entering your data and photo digitally. The data provided must match what is stated in the data on the Family Card. If this is your first time making an e-KTP, please fill out form F1.01
- Make a signature on a signature recorder
- Perform a retina scan on the recording device that has been provided
- Then, make sure the voice of the summons is stamped and signed by the officer. The process for obtaining a KTP usually takes two weeks
- If your e-KTP has been printed, you can collect it at the keluaharan office or village office. Making an electronic KTP does not cost anything at all.
2. Checklist Procedure texts for Making Bank Accounts
If someone wants to save money safely in a bank then creating a certain bank account is an obligation and absolutely must be done. The benefits of a bank account are not only for saving money, but can also be used to receive money transfers from friends, family or certain institutions. On the other hand, you can send money or transfer it to other people as payment for something you do. Here’s how to create a text for the procedure for creating a bank account.
- The first requirement is to provide each other’s KTP. The KTP must be in accordance with the respective regions, otherwise the party will ask for a letter from the RT or the village head.
- Prepare the first balance that is required to be entered into the newly created account. The amount of money to be put into the account, this is different for each bank.
- If everything is in place, go to the bank and take the queue number. You can come to the bank, just ask the security guard
- If the queue number has been called, the applicant can go to the teller to open an account. Just follow the directions given by the teller
- You are invited to sit down, if your account is ready, you can now take your account book, your ATM.
Sample Protocol Procedure Text
Protol procedure text is not complicated and difficult. Make the protocol procedure text easy to understand and understand. Usually, people prefer to read the protocol text rather than the complex procedure text which is too long and long. Here we look at an example of a protocol procedure text.
Also read: Explanatory Text: Definition, Structure
1. Procedure text to Create Gmail Account
Gmail or Google mail is an email service released by Google in 2004. For anyone who uses an Android cellphone, having a gmaila account is a necessity, because if not, then Android cellphone users cannot download the android application on the PlayStore. Well, if you want to create a gmail account, then pay attention to the following procedure
- The first step: Enter the url or Gmail address in your browser
- If you have entered the Gmail page, click on the words “Create An Account”.
- Next, fill in the registration form according to your data
- Then, you will be directed to the account verification page. Enter an active cellphone number and this is very important if you experience problems such as forgetting your password etc.
- Enter the verification code into the provided column which is sent to your cellphone via SMS. If you have entered, Google will automatically verify your Gmail account.
2. Procedure for Downloading Youtube Videos
Youtube is a video service that is widely watched and even more advanced. However, you must have an internet connection to be able to watch videos on YouTube. If you want to watch it offline, of course you have to download the videos first. If you want to download it, here is the procedure for downloading Youtube videos.
- The first step, not the YouTube video you want to download
- Then, add the letter ss before the word Youtube and press ENTER. Now you will be taken to the download page.
- Select the video quality you want to save (download)
- If you want good video quality, at least you have to choose a size of 720p or 1080p.
- Then click on the text earlier, the video will be downloaded to your computer and ready to be enjoyed offline anytime.
That is the definition of procedure text and its examples, namely simple procedure text, complex procedure and protocol procedure text. Hopefully this brief presentation that we present should be useful and useful for all visitors.