The colorful beet pickled eggs are an easy-to-make egg recipe that’s perfect for any celebration. These are eggs that are beet-colored and whet your appetite. The ingredients are all natural and healthy, perfect as an appetizer or as a side dish to salads.
These are beet pickled eggs, a fun treat to celebrate your day. This can be a tempting food in your salad. How to make pickled beetroot eggs is very easy, if you want to make it for various dishes on a fun day, keep reading our recipe below. With just a few basic colors, you can enjoy foods with a deep pink or beetroot color.
What are the ingredients used to make beet pickled eggs? Here we describe further.
Ingredient you need:
- Eggs: To make beet pickled eggs, use eggs that are as fresh as possible, hard-boiled first. You can boil eggs in an “instant boiled egg pot” or on the stove.
- Vinegar: To make pickle juice, we like to use apple cider vinegar. It tastes less harsh than white vinegar. However, we do not require you to use apple cider vinegar, if you want to use other vinegars, this is according to your taste.
- Sugar: The use of sugar here will balance the sour taste of the apple cider vinegar you use. We recommend that you use white cane sugar.
- Beets: As the name suggests, beet pickled eggs, of course we use bits to give them the same color as beets. So, there is no engineering here, we use all natural ingredients so that this food is healthy and delicious. Use cooked beets, you can roast the beets or boil them.
Don’t know how to roast beets, please refer to our article on how to roast beets properly.
How to Make a Beet Pickled Eggs
- Place the boiled eggs in a large jar
- Add the beets and pour in the pickling liquid. This pickling liquid is made from apple cider vinegar or white vinegar according to your taste, sugar, and water and is heated together over a fire until the sugar dissolves with the other ingredients.
- Then, leave the mixture in this large jar to cool, then the mixture is sealed and placed in the freezer for 24 hours. You can beat it until the eggs and ingredients are well combined.
Tips for Making Recipe for Beet Pickled Eggs
For a stronger color, use fresh beets. However, some ripe beets can also give a deep color, so if you don’t have fresh beets, you can use ripe beets.
Eggs should not be overcooked, when salted, it will be tougher on the inside. So boil the eggs with a level that is not perfectly cooked. Be careful that your eggs are not overcooked, if you use instant pot boiled eggs, you just have to set this at a certain time.
Before sealing the jar, make sure the contents are cool. Make sure not to seal the jars that are still warm. If it’s still hot, pressure can build up inside.
Make sure the pickling liquid you cook earlier is boiling, this will dissolve the sugar quickly.
Also see: First Trimester Diet: Foods To Eat and To Avoid in Pregnancy
Frequently Asked Questions About Beets Pickled Eggs
What do you use beet pickled eggs for?
We love beet pickled eggs as an appetizer in celebration of the big day. Children love the bright colors of these eggs. You can also eat these colorful eggs by adding them in salads.
How long do pickled eggs keep?
These eggs are quite durable and can even last up to 3 months in a jar in the refrigerator. But if it is cold, these eggs can be enjoyed within 24 hours.
Can you freeze them?
This pickling is an attempt to preserve eggs, so we don’t need to freeze them to maintain their durability. So, just by storing in the cupboard, it can last up to 3 months.
If you freeze, this will have a problem with the egg white, if the egg white is frozen it cannot be eaten and you have to wait for it to melt again. However, you can eat egg yolks even if you freeze them.
Well, what do you think about Beet Pickled Eggs recipe, do you like it. We hope you can try it at home and the kids will love to eat it.