Cleaning windows seems easy and simple. Even though this simple job is not always easy to do. Cleaning windows is a job that requires skills for maximum results. So, you must master the tips for cleaning windows for both the outer and inner windows.
If the window is dirty, we will not find natural sunlight entering the room. The incoming light was blocked by a layer of dirt adhering to the outer or inner windows. There are lots of impurities that get in the way such as rain spots, dust, plant sap, insect sparks and others.
The light will not optimally enter the room if the window is not clean. So, mastering window cleaning tips is very important so that natural light passes through the window and penetrates into the room and you can feel its warmth which makes it easy to enjoy the panoramic view from inside the house.
There are now many window cleaning products available in the market that generally promise to provide a scratch-free shine. However, using natural materials from home can also make your windows clean. We have found a simple solution, this is 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water, this is put in a spray bottle and sprayed on the window you want to clean.
This cleaning vinegar can be made yourself from home, you can also buy it at the store. But the important thing is to start with good window cleaning tips or tips on cleaning the outside so that your work is done quickly and the results are shiny.
Also see: Effective Way to Clean the Tongue
Cleaning the Inside of Windows
- Fill a bucket with clean, cold water, adding a few drops of dish soap.
- To catch any spills, put a large towel under the window.
- Use a microfiber cloth, you can also use a clean sponge to cover the surface of the window. Starting from the top to the bottom, as well as don’t forget to remove the bignkai both inside and outside.
- Spray windows thoroughly with a mixture of water and vinegar or you can use a window cleaner (such as Zep or Windex, both available on Amazon, or another type of glass cleaner). Another option is to mix a cap of ammonia with a gallon of water.
- Use a clean, lint-free towel or by using black and white newspaper, dry your window with a Z-like motion. You can also use a clean paper towel to dry the window, optional.
- If you find that the scratches and dirt are still there, then spray again and dry again. Usually, if the window is dirty it takes two rounds of spraying and drying.
Cleaning windows is best done when the weather is cool and cloudy. It is important in order the soap and solution do not dry out on the window.
Cleaning Windows from the Outside
Now, you know how to clean windows from the inside. Let take a look at tips on cleaning windows from the outside. Usually the exterior windows have more dirt, stains and various spots.
- Start by wetting the window with the hose. Then, fill the bucket with cold, clean water, adding a few drops of dish soap.
- Use a microfiber cloth, wipe the surface of the window, if your window is high then use a tool such as a sponge mop or a micro mop on the pole.
- Then rinse thoroughly with a hose
- Spray with a vinegar mixture or other commercial cleaner
- Wipe the window using a cleaning tool (made of rubber) to dry. Point the cleaning tool from this card to the bottom of the window, doing it from top to bottom (not vice versa). Wipe the cleaning tool from the rubber until it is clean and lower the towel at the bottom. You can use a clean towel, lint-free towel, or newspaper to clean the window.
If you find stubborn stains such as bird droppings and spots that are difficult to remove, soak them in water first and let them sit for a while using a solution of vinegar and water. To get your job quick, you can scrub the bird droppings with a “scrubbie” sponge (like these Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponges from Amazon), for this purpose don’t use wire wool or steel wool because they can slit the window. If you live in a village, you can use coconut husk to clean any stains including bird droppings.
Window screens, rinse with plain water, then spray with a vinegar solution, and rinse with plain water. Before you replace the window screen, dry it until it is completely dry.
Sometimes there are parts of the window that are dirty or the transparency has been tampered with with mineral water such as in hard water containers. To clean this mineral deposits, you can use several methods. But the best way to clean it is by using a commercial product. There are many commercial products such as CLR (available on Amazon) it will remove stubborn stains or mineral deposits such as calcium, lime, and rust stains. It’s easy, you just need to follow the instructions on the bottle.
Indeed, cleaning windows is very tiring, but it is important and valuable for the entire contents of your home including your family. With clean and clear windows, you can enjoy the beautiful view from inside the house. Also the sunlight can also enter freely so you can feel the natural warmth of the sun which is good for health.