On this occasion, we will share how to change WiFi password Xfinity. For those who don’t know what Xfinity is, here we see. Xfinity is a United States telecommunications service that provides telephone, cable TV and internet services. So, we will provide an explanation on how to change the wifi password of your Xfinity wifi account. Let’s see below the explanation.
More: How to Set up a wifi hotspot on Phones
How to Change Wifi Password Xfinity
1. Changing the WiFi Password Xfinity Hotspots (Mobile App)
Through your cellphone or tablet, open Xfinity My Account. The color is gray or white with a blue chat bubble, you will see the word “Xfinity” in it. If you use an iPhone or iPad, this is located on the “home screen” button or if using Android, this is located in the app drawer.
- So, sign in to your account now. Use this method to replace the password on Xfinity WiFi hotspots (when you are away from home). Changing this password will also change the password to enter your account.
- Tap on profile. This is where you see your profile name and Xfinity username.
- Tap on “Change Password”. This is the first choice on the menu.
- Enter the current password in the empty box. This is the password that you use to sign in to Xfinity hotspots when you travel, and the password that you use to sign in to your Xfinity account in the mobile app.
- Enter and confirm the password. Write the password correctly and accordingly in the two boxes provided. The password is 8 words up to 16 words, note lowercase and uppercase letters.
- Next, tap “Save”. Now your password has been changed or reset. If you then sign in to the Xfinity hotspot, then you must use a new password instead of the old password.
2. Change the WiFi Modem/Router Password (Mobile App)
Open Xfinity My Account via your mobile or through your tablet. Marked with white or gray icons with blue chat bubbles. You will find it on the Home screen of the iPhone or iPad, or if you use Android it will be found in the app drawer. Now Sign in to your account.
Open your internet settings, the settings for both cellphones; iOS and Android are slightly different, follow these steps:
- For iPhone/iPad: Tap on the Internet at the bottom of the phone screen
- Android: Tap on the symbol (≡) in the upper left corner of the mobile screen. Then tap on the Internet menu.
- The next step, tap on the wireless modem or router. it is located under the “Devices” header.
- Followed by tapping on “Change WiFi settings”. If you look at the menu, this is the first option you see there.
- Write a new password in the second empty box. Notice when you write a password, pay attention to lowercase and uppercase letters.
- Click or tap “Save”. You must have seen the blue button at the bottom of the screen, tap there. Now your new password has been saved. You will see a message that says “Your gateway is being updated and this takes some time”.
- Tap “done”. It’s in the upper right corner.
- Wait a minute, and reconnect your Wi-Fi. When it’s connected, you have to enter a new password there. If you have a computer, a cellphone that has been connected to the internet before, now you have to reconnect using a new password.
3. Changing the WiFi Modem/Router Password (PC or Mac)
If you use a PC or Mac. To change WiFi Xfinity password, go to http://www.xfinity.com/myaccount in your browser. Through the web, you can change your router password. If you have not yet entered the account, now log in to your Xfinity account.
- Click “settings” at the top of the page
- Click on “Internet”, under “Xfinity Services” in the second group setting.
- Then click on “WiFi credentials”. there is “Service Details.”
- Click Edit next to “WiFi Password”, The second “Edit” on the screen.
- Then write a new password in the available empty city. Pay attention to small and large letters because of different functions.
- Click “save”. This will reset your Xfinity WiFi password. It takes some time to update your settings.
- Wait a while until the internet network is connected again. If it’s already connected, you will be asked to enter a new password.
4. Changing the Xfinity Password for WiFi Hotspots (PC or Mac)
To change the Xfinity Wifi hotspot password on a PC or Mac. go to https://www.xfinity.com/myaccount via a web browser, you can use any browser. This is used to change the password when you are at home. This will change the password you used to enter Xfinity, if you haven’t signed in, please sign in first.
- Click on Users, located in the menu at the top of your browser page.
- Click the account you want to change the password for. If you change your own password, select your own account. This will open Xfinity Access page for the page you selected.
- Click Edit next to “Password.”
- Enter the current password in the empty box,
- Press enter and confirm your new password. Passwords must be between 8 and 16 characters, note lowercase and uppercase letters.
- Click “save”.
Set questions to remind you passwords. Enter the password in the top blank box and select the question from the drop-down menu. Provide the correct answer to access the account.
Click “save”, it is located at the bottom right. The WiFi hotspot Xfinity account password is now changed. If you want to log in to the Xfinity hotspot, you will be asked to enter a new password that you just changed.