What is slime, and how to make slime from home? Of course you are familiar with this children’s game. Slime is a children’s toy made of various materials, the shape is soft like jelly but chewy and can be shaped in various models. Children usually use this slime to make toy cakes and so on.
Slime games are played by pulling them like a cake batter. The interesting thing about the slime game is that it is not sticky to the skin, even though it has a texture like cake dough but it is not sticky to the skin, so children can play it safely without fear of getting dirty.
Before we look at how to make slime, let’s first know what are the benefits of this game for kids. Now slime is very popular among children, even beating some other games that were popular. So, what are the benefits when a child plays slime? This is it!
- Channeling emotions positively,
- Happy soul
- Eliminate boredom
- Make children more creative.
For those of you who want to pamper your children while building their imagination through slime games, you can buy them at toy shops or you can make your own slime from ingredients at home. If you choose to make your own slime from home, here are some ideas for making slime.
How to Make SLIME from Home
1. Making Slime from (PVAC) Glue
This white glue slime is a slime made from white glue. It does have to prepare more ingredients, but this slime is very chewy. To make it, you must use white glue that contains Polyvynil Acetate (PVAC) compounds. You can buy glue like this at a glue shop or bookstore.
The following ingredients must be prepared:
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp PVAC white glue
- Eye drops
- Food coloring
- Baby oil 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Liquid soap 1/4 tsp
- Food coloring
Ok, now that we know the ingredients to use, now let’s see how to process them and make white glue slime.
How to make:
- Pour glue, water and baking powder into a dry container
- Stir until evenly distributed
- Also include eye drops, liquid soap, and also add food coloring to the dough that is made
- Now try to pay attention to the dough, if it’s not like the texture you want, add eye drops and liquid soap. Now, if it is as chewy as you want, now add the baby oil and stir until evenly distributed.
- Put the slime in a closed container, dry and now the slime is ready to be used as a children’s toy.
2. How to Make Slime from Liquid Milk
Apart from white glue slime, you can also make slime from liquid milk. If the slime is eaten by children, it is not dangerous because it is made from liquid milk. Ok, let’s just look at the ingredients for making slime from liquid milk.
- Liquid milk or sweetened condensed milk mixed with water
- Cornstarch, as much as 1 1/4 spoons
- Food coloring, and
- Vanilla powder
How to make:
- Enter liquid milk or sweetened condensed milk mixed with water
- Heat until the bacteria in the milk are killed
- Add vanilla powder
- Gradually add the cornstarch until you reach the desired texture
- Heat the dough, let it cool and when it’s cold, add the food coloring
- Cool the slime mixture, and ready to play
3. How to make Slime from Baby Powder
How to make slime from baby powder – In addition to making slime with white glue and liquid milk, mothers and mothers can also make slime for children’s toys using baby powder, it smells nice and is fun, but kids shouldn’t eat it.
- One bottle of baby powder
- 2 glasses of water
- 4 tablespoons of baby oil
- Food coloring
How to Make Slime from Baby Powder
- Put baby powder into an open container with a lid like a jar
- Mix it with water
- Stir continuously until blended
- Add baby oil and mix well
- Pay attention to the level of thickness, if not thick, you can add baby powder. If it’s too runny, add water
Add food coloring, store the dough in a container, cover and let stand, ready to play
4. How to Make Slime with Shampoo and Toothpaste
Slime is a very nice and interesting game to play, feels sticky, oozy and gooey. Materials commonly used in making slime are borax and glue. But what if you don’t have it? Ok, fortunately there are many ways to make slime easily. You don’t even need to use a drop of glue, so we have another easy way to make slime, this is using shampoo and toothpaste.
How to Make Slime from shampoo and Toothpaste: Making Basic Slime
1. To make a basic slime with shampoo and toothpaste, pour one spoonful of shampoo into a small dish. Use a thick shampoo, shampoo that is white or opaque is the best choice. Enter the shampoo into a small container of 30 ml.
Also read: Health Benefits of Shampoo Ginger
Note: If your shampoo is white, use a little food coloring.
2. The next step is to add a little bit of opaque toothpaste into it. White or mint-colored toothpaste is best. Use toothpaste as much as one fourth of the amount of shampoo you use, this is about one teaspoon.
Colgate’s toothpaste is one of the most successful at making slime, but you can also try other brands.
3. The two ingredients are stirred using a toothpick, when you mix toothpaste and shampoo, both will form a sticky substance. This should take about 1 minute or so.
If you don’t have a toothpick, you can replace it with something smaller like an ice cream stick.
4. If necessary, add more shampoo and toothpaste, continue to stir until blended. For too hard slime, try adding more shampoo. If on the other hand, the slime is too oily, then add toothpaste. Stir your slime for a few minutes until they are well combined and uniform.
Don’t think too much about formal methods, there are no definite rules for making this slime.
Until now, if your slime feels sticky, then you have to freeze it and this will help firm it up.
5. Freeze your slime for 10 to 1 hour. After 10 minutes, check your slime, it should feel hard, but not solid like ice. But if the slime you make is too slippery, you can increase the freezing time up to 50 minutes.
6. Remove from freezer, knead your slime gently again, roll up, squeeze, squeeze slime between your fingers. Make sure your slime becomes soft and slippery again.
Your slime will not return to the same texture it was before you put it in the freezer.
7. Now is the time for you to play with slime, this slime is very thick even like putty. Squeeze and play your slime well, if you want to store it, put it in a container and cover it well.
Now your slime is dry, so if the slime has hardened, you can throw it away and make another slime.
5. How to Make Slime with Shampoo and Toothpaste: Making Monster Snot Slime
1. Squeeze the 2-in-1 shampoo into the container. This type of shampoo feels thick, thick, and feels slimmer than other brands. This is the base for the perfect mustard slime. You will need one to two presses of 2-in-1 shampoo.
A very popular 2-in-1 shampoo brand that works well is Sauve Kids. You don’t get hung up on this, you can also choose other brands.
2. Squeeze out your frosted toothpaste. If you want your monster snot to feel slimmer, use more toothpaste.
You can use any brand of toothpaste, but the Colegate brand is the best choice for making monster snot slime.
3. Use a toothpick to stir the ingredients (shampoo and toothpaste), you can also use a small spoon and you can use an ice cream spoon. Keep stirring until the toothpaste and shampoo combine with each other and turn into runny mucus. Usually, it takes about 2 minutes to make this monster snot slime.
After a few moments of stirring, change the direction of your stirring occasionally to make the mixture more integrated.
Also see: How To Get Rid of Hair Lice
4. Adjust consistency, if you need. If the monster snot is too slimy, then add more toothpaste, and if the monster snot feels a little stiff or solid, use more shampoo. Each time you add the ingredients, stir them again until they are mixed well.
You can start making monster snot slime from this shampoo and toothpaste by using the size of a pea seed first, then add a little at a time.
5. Play with your monster snot slime. This is a type of lumpy mucus, which is certainly very disgusting and sticky. Really like monster snot. If you have played it, store it in a plastic jar and close it tightly so it doesn’t get into the air.
If your slime then hardens, this is a sign that you can throw it away and make new slime.
Also see: 10 Ideas for 6 Month Baby Food Recipes